Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sheisse! Ich muchte wieder Englisch sprechen

Ok, so there's a big push to get England fans chanting their songs in German at the upcoming Football World Cup. (My god, how likely is THAT?) Reuters reports:

In its package of travel tips for fans at the month-long tournament, the Foreign Office is to provide handy singalong translations on its website www.britishembassyworldcup.com.
[the dude in charge of this weirdo plot reports:] "We are not sure when they will go up on the site and which chants will be chosen."

In liu of this agonising uncertainty, I plan to put my shoddy-ass German into good use. Starting off with one of my own personal favorites:

"Come on have a go if you think you're hard enough
You're going home in a fucking ambulance."

"Komst du shon mal wenn du denkest das du zäh genug bist.
Du gehtst in einen Krankenwagen nach Hause."*

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it? Poo. Other than the appropriate glottal violence factor lended by the German I think this plan is a loser.

(*Sorry maasman, I know that's a piss-poor translation. Feel free to mock me.)

1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Odysseus said...

hahaha

/end mock

 

Post a Comment

<< Home