Sunday, July 02, 2006

Do weird things happen to good people?



So tell me honestly: what's the deal with Rollerderby? Is it kinda cool or scary strange and very dirty? I mean, on the surface, the sport itself looks like fun. But what's up with the whole psycho bull-dyke atmosphere? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine has invited me to join the London Roller Girls and while I'm super-psyched, I'm also shitting scared. The deal with this club is that it hardly even exists yet (not enough to fill multiple teams anyway) so perhaps the sleazy glam-rock punk-slut attitude has yet to arrive. However, the websites from the states are frightening. Check out the Gotham Girls' site. Then compare it to the one from Cape Fear, NC.
Oh well, I suppose checking it out won't hurt. Well, it might hurt, but it might not suck. I've already ordered skates and everything! I'm trying not to get too excited just in case they make me do funny things and I refuse and have to quit and be mad at myself.

Any insights would be appreciated!

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger amstel190 said...

Well, still kind of a virgin in that respect... mostly ;-) so there might not be much sauce to dish yet! But stay tuned. Randy's a little nervous, doesn't know what to make of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home